Residential/Commercial Construction Carpenters wanted to work on Barbuda.
Job Summary: 10 –15 years experience as qualified carpenter (incl. Apprenticeship) on custom residential homes and resort communities. Responsible for assembling, installing and repairing structures utilizing different types of materials including wood, drywall, steel, stone and miscellaneous other materials.
Primary responsibilities but not limited will be:
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions for concrete, lumber quantities, fasteners, tool types and resources needed to complete any project.
- Layout/setting out skills.
- Identify and enumerate materials with purchasing dept.
- Read blueprints and instructions from paper plans, personal devices or supervisors.
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, and the top beams of buildings.
- Check work along the way to ensure it’s up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is plumb, level and square.
- Assemble prefabricated buildings.
- Build stairs, mantles, and furniture.
- Install cabinets and moldings/trim.
- Assemble concrete formwork.
- Erect scaffolding and other types of safety equipment.
- Build tunnel bracing.
- Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors.
- Repair or build furniture.
- Install partitions, doors, and windows.
- Move and install equipment, appliances and machinery.
Work for a fast paced, innovative company in the luxury residential & resort space while being part of a professional, challenging, fun and collaborative team environment.
Great opportunity for ambitious, dedicated, motivated self-starters who want to learn, improve, be rewarded and promoted. Work for a fast paced, innovative company in the luxury residential & resort space as part of a professional, challenging, fun and collaborative team environment.
Remuneration and benefits commensurate with experience.