Hi Paul, it is obvious that you do not have the facts after 21 years and so I hereunder will enlighten you;
1. Permission is sought and received each year from the Police
2. Police officers lead and close the J’ouvert parade
3. At no time during the movement of revellers throughout the community is traffic flow stopped as vehicular movement is assisted by the police dependent on the location of the procession. Liberta incidentally has a road network which makes the community merriment complimentary to traffic flows.
4. As MP for the St. Paul’s constituency I am fully aware of my responsibility to ALL constituents and areas of our constituency. The J’ouvert thought hosted in Liberta is the St. Paul’s Whit Monday J’ouvert with the house band being from English Harbour and with wide support from the youth of our community
5. It is my interest in the well-being and welfare of my constituents that gave rise to the annual event which predates my election to office and which serves to generate economic activity in our beloved community. All of St. Paul’s is indivisible.
6. I look forward to seeing you on Monday for our annual community staple and take this opportunity to wish all participants a safe and enjoyable J’ouvert. I also encourage motorists parking along the byroads to use only one side of these roads in order to allow for unimpeded traffic flows
Hon. E.P. Chet Greene