With effect from 20th September, 2021 Cabinet agreed that all unvaccinated government employees to include the Public Service, statutory corporations and companies in which the government owns majority shares shall be required to remain at home until proof of vaccination is provided.
With effect from 1st October, 2021 the following measures shall take effect:
• All Unvaccinated Public Sector Employees, inclusive of Statutory Corporations and companies of which the government holds majority shares shall be required to remain at home until proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
• As of 1st October, 2021, No Public Sector Employees, inclusive of Statutory Corporations and companies of which the government holds majority shares shall be paid a salary or wage for the period of non-compliance with the current policy;
• All officers and support staff of the Royal Police Force of Antigua and Barbuda and the Antigua and Barbuda Defence Force are required to be vaccinated, effective 1st October 2021;
• Trade Unions and Employee Associations shall be permitted to conduct educational awareness sessions via virtual and face-to-face engagements. All Covid-19 protocols shall be strictly observed;
• All eligible students and teachers shall be required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 to return to face to face classes;
• All pre-school and primary school teachers shall be required to be fully vaccinated before returning to face-to-face classes;
• All caregivers and support staff are required to be fully vaccinated to provide services at elderly care facilities;
• All arriving passengers including returning nationals and residents are required to have received at least the first dose of a vaccine approved by the appropriate authorities in Antigua and Barbuda;
• informal/public gatherings to be restricted to members of the same household;
• beaches to be closed between 12 noon and 5:am daily commencing 20th September, 2021;
• Bus drivers, conductors and taxi drivers are required to be vaccinated effective 1st October, 2021;
• Failure to comply with the current policy will result in restrictions to operate;
• All pleasure craft fetes, parties and entertainment events and excursions around the coastal waters and offshore islands are suspended with effect from 18th September until 29th September, 2021. Thereafter, only authorized excursion will permitted by the appropriate authorities;
• All Vendors, merchants and service providers and staff operating at the ports of entry are required to be vaccinated;
The Appropriate Authority may exempt the following:
• persons submitting a medical certificate approved by the Chief Medical Officer or Medical Board or a request approved on religious grounds
• Authorized Remote Workers (Public Sector, Statutory Corporations and companies with majority government ownership) between 20th September and 1st October, 2021.
• All persons exempted under this policy are required to produce a negative Covid-19 test twice monthly;
• Minor children (below 18 years of age) arriving at a port of entry in Antigua and Barbuda;
Given the overwhelming epidemiological situation at this time employees of the Sir Lester Bird Medical Centre and Community Clinics are exempt from this policy for this period;
The Cabinet of Antigua and Barbuda recognizes the extreme hardship caused by the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic along with the pain and anguish of families due to untimely and unnecessary loss of loved ones. It has caused tremendous economic dislocations, social disruptions and psychological trauma.
The government acknowledges the enormous commitment and sacrifices made the nation’s healthcare professionals and by extension all workers who lock arms daily in a colossal effort and determination to defeat the Covid-19 virus and help to restore this country to some form of normalcy. Covid-19 represents an existential threat and the government calls on entire nation, private sector and public sector and civil society to lend support in this endevour by adopting polices and promoting policies to arrest the effects of this deadly virus.
Be part of the conversation.
Add a Comment
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]