The project is aimed at improving the economic conditions of creatives to stimulate sustainable growth of the Creative and Cultural Industries (CCIs) in the Caribbean.
A total of US$1,028,287.22 has been awarded for the implementation of twenty-five projects across the Caribbean thanks to the generous contribution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) –European Union (EU).
The awarded Projects and locations are outlined below:
- Kingston Creative – Kingston Creative Accelerator, Jamaica
- Nevis Historical & Conservation Society – Power to the People: Strengthening Nevis Heritage Frameworks & Accessibility, St Kitts and Nevis
- Naparima Bowl – Upgrading the Database & Website for the National Registry of Artists & Cultural Workers, Trinidad, and Tobago
- The Dominican Republic Film Commission – Preservation of the Dominican Film Memory, The Dominican Republic
- Pinelands Creative Workshop – Cultural Heritage Identification & Preservation (CHIP) Project
- Kross Kolor Records – Music Production & Audio Engineering Incubator, Guyana
- Secondary Schools’ Drama Association (SSDA) – Facilitators and Educators Training in Education (FETE) – Trinidad and Tobago
- Alpha Institute – Practice Makes Professional: A professional music space for practice and instruction, Jamaica
- DianJen – The Online School of Music Industry Studies, multiple Countries
- Dominant Seventh Productions – Rellon Brown and the Dominant Seventh Calypso Jazz Band at Recontre Autour du Piano 2023
- Kaz Kweyol Productions Limited – Dominica’s Artist in Residence Programme: Promoting the sustainable development of the Traditional Masquerade Forms in Dominica and the region, Dominica
- Fundación Absoluto Teatro, Inc., M. Elizabeth Ovalle – Festival Internacional de Teatro Mujeres sobre las Tablas, The Dominican Republic
- Les Laboratoires de Port-au-Prince ー PAPLAB – Caribbean Dance Platform, Haiti
- The Bocas Literary Festival – Caribbean Writer & Industry Development Programme, Trinidad and Tobago
- Antigua & Barbuda Youth Symphony Orchestra (ABYSO) – The ABYSO Kanneh-Mason Playing to Inspire Festival of Music, Antigua and Barbuda
- Belize Music Agency – Belize’s Festival Tourism Pilot Project, Belize
- Plie for the Arts – Towards Building a viable Caribbean Creative Market Place, Jamaica
- Agency for Innercity Renewal – Trench Town Cultural Hub, Jamaica
- Animae Caribe Festival – Animae Caribe Pitch Deck Finishing Accelerator, Trinidad and Tobago
- Koru Green – “Music Making Money”: Koru Green Artist Management Software Development Project, Multiple Countries
- Beyond Publishing – Loose Change – A comic-book series set in a prestigious business school that seeks to promote financial literacy in children and adults alike, Multiple Countries
- Baughaus Designs – BAUGHaus product development & market expansion, Jamaica
- Reve Jewelry – Caribbean Premier Jewelry Internship Program, Jamaica
- Lake Health and Wellbeing – My Healthy Heroes, Saint Kitts and Nevis
- The University of Trinidad and Tobago – WeCapture’s audio-visual content production and an online platform as a data outlet for networking, marketing, promotion, and distribution, Trinidad and Tobago
The second round of grant calls is now open, and creatives may apply from three categories: industry grants, enabling environment grants, and training grants at this website: Creative Caribbean Second Round Grant Calls | OPENED! (unesco.org).
The 15 Caribbean countries eligible for this grant scheme are: Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, The Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.
The Creative Caribbean project is being implemented over forty months and is expected to end in 2024.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]
Comments are closed.