He’s never won a Party Monarch title, he’s never even competed in the finals, but Zammy formerly MadZam is an artiste to watch.
He’s been busy since the 2017 season started, performing at community carnivals and even some major shows.
But today Zammy sat down with us to talk about his new music, his chances in the competition this year, and his expectations for carnival.
- Q) How many songs will you release this year and what are their names?
- A) I will be releasing three songs this year. Two groovy which I already released by the name of ALRIGHT AND DON’T LOOK BACK. And my third will be a up tempo which I have not yet named.
- Q) Tell me all about the new videos.
- A) For my two videos released so far, I tried adding a twist into it. Since lived in Europe I added people from different races to integrate them into our culture. Spread the name of the country and our carnival from different angles.
- Q) What have you been doing since in Antigua?
- A) Since I landed my team and I have been focused on pushing our brand and my name as a household name to the public. I’ve been working with Brukway Productions to create a new sound for carnival and being doing as much shows as possible so my voice and face can be known.
- Q) What are your expectations for the carnival?
- A) To be honest, my expectation and hopes are that people enjoy my music and accept the new sound in Antigua. I just want to contribute good music for Antigua and hope my people see that and support it.
- Q) What’s the feedback so far?
- A) My feedback here has been very good so far from fans friend and even entertainers.
- Q) Are you competing this year?
- A) Yes, I will be competing this year.
- Q) What are you chances of going to the finals?
- A) My chances for final… At this point I’m just focused on pushing my music and if I’m blessed to be in the finals I’ll be very happy and my team will be also.
- Q) Anything else you’d like to say about yourself?
- A) Well me and my YZG team we just want to do good music and bring a different vibe, for more than Antigua. We just want to create a movement that people will appreciate respect and support. So, we want the public to support the songs. Share them tell a friend and let’s keep Antigua rising as a nation.
Support Antigua Newsroom from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.