Woman swallows sewing needle but survives grisly freak accident


A woman struggled to breathe after getting a sewing needle stuck in her teeth — then accidentally swallowing it.

Shocking video footage shows the moment doctors removed the small object during emergency surgery.

The unnamed woman went to MSM Hospital in Jaipur, India, after complaining of stomach pains, according to Jam Press. Doctors were initially stumped by her condition and spent days trying to diagnose her.

After 10 days of undergoing multiple examinations — including sonography, endoscopy, X-rays and CT scans — and being sent home, a final sonogram revealed the tiny needle stuck in her liver.

The woman explained that the needle had gotten stuck in her teeth before she accidentally swallowed the small tool.

Once the needle was discovered, she was rushed into surgery to remove the item causing her pain.

The operation to remove the needle lasted two hours, Jam Press reported, and involved the use of keyhole surgery — a surgical method requiring only a small opening.

The surgery was video-recorded, becoming the first time that a needle- or pin-removal operation was done using telescopic surgery — which is an operation performed in the abdomen area through small incisions with the help of a camera.

It was unclear whether the needle caused any lasting damage.

Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]