Last Sunday, the UPP unveiled its slate of 16 candidates who will contest the next general elections. Senator Harold Lovell, Political Leader of the United Progressive Party is extremely proud of his team that he describes as energetic, achievers who will inspire unity and pride in their communities and motivate Antiguans and Barbudans to be more competitive in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Lovell explained that the team was carefully selected based on their commitment to put “People First” and their ability to address the diverse needs of the community and the country.
“We have currently have Ministers of government who are more committed to updating their resumes than serving the needs of the people and that is unacceptable.”
Lovell explains, “We believe that success is achieved when ordinary people demonstrate extraordinary determination. We have presented one of the most diverse slates in the history of Antigua and Barbuda. One that will stand up for the youth, the elderly, working families, single parents, entrepreneurs, small businesses and also large enterprises. Our team is a healthy blend of youth and experience, and includes small business owners, tradesmen, law enforcement and educators. They are all committed to service, but also possess transferable skills to address the needs of the people and the acumen to cultivate strong business relationships that will propel innovation and growth to fuel our economy.”
UPP’s GOT TALENT
• A Diverse Team of Hardworking, Visionary, Authentic, Committed, Trustworthy,
• Committed team players with the demonstrated ability to listen, collaborate and
integrate their divergent opinions and perspectives into meaningful action.
• 75% of the team are first time political contenders;
• 100% have been involved in public service and/or active in their communities;
• Median age of the team is 46 years;
• 100% successful graduates of the Antigua and Barbuda secondary school system;
• 80% have pursued professional, technical or vocational training;
• Dynamic professionals with successful backgrounds and transferable skills in
business, law, tourism, agriculture, ICT, law enforcement, education and public
• 100% “People Minded and Business Guided.”
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]