The Government of Antigua and Barbuda has updated its travel advisory effective 16th March 2022 to ensure the continued safety of travelers and residents. The V.C. Bird International Airport is open for international and regional air traffic.
The Antigua Port Authority is open to Cargo Vessels, Pleasure Craft and Ferry Services which are required to follow all protocols issued by Port Health.
The State continues to carry out a combination of screening, testing including random testing of arriving passengers, the issuing of monitoring bracelets and other measures to mitigate the risk of importing any new cases of COVID-19 into the country.
Additionally, measures have been implemented for the quick detection of any imported cases. This strategy is intended to protect and safeguard the health of both residents and visitors to Antigua and Barbuda.
Nationals and residents of Antigua and Barbuda are strongly advised to avoid all non-essential travel at this time.
The protocols implemented are as follows:
Arriving passengers are required to present verifiable documentation of full vaccination using World Health Organization (WHO) or Ministry of Health Wellness and the Environment (MOHWE) approved 2-dose COVID 19 vaccine or a single dose vaccine to be permitted entry into Antigua and Barbuda. All returning nationals and residents are exempt from this stipulation (see Protocol #6 for guidance pertaining to partially/unvaccinated returning nationals and residents). Children below the age of eighteen (18) years arriving at a port of entry are also exempted from this requirement.
- Fully vaccinated arriving passengers are not required to present a PCR/Rapid Antigen Test negative result to be permitted entry into Antigua and Barbuda, (unless they show symptoms of possible infection). This includes transiting
- Fully vaccinated passengers showing symptoms of possible infection may be required to submit to a RT PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 upon arrival at their own expense. Instructions on permissible activities while awaiting results will be provided by Port Health officials.
- Unvaccinated minors between the ages of five and eighteen years old must present a negative RT PCR test/ Rapid Antigen test of four (4) days or fewer from date of testing. Unvaccinated minors who are not staying at a certified resort/accommodation (Airbnb)) may be required to quarantine at home for a period of 10 – 14 days.
- Children below the age of five (5) years entering Antigua and Barbuda, DO NOT REQUIRE a COVID -19 RT-PCR test.
- Unvaccinated returning nationals and residents with no COVID 19 symptoms are permitted entry provided they:
Present a negative certified PCR/Rapid Antigen Test result taken no more than four (4) days prior to arrival in Antigua and Barbuda.
Submit to a RT PCR test on arrival at their own expense
Quarantine for ten (10) days in their own homes if partially vaccinatede:
Either received 1 dose of a 2-dose vaccine OR the 2nd dose of a 2-dose vaccine was received less than two weeks prior to arrival).
Quarantine for fourteen (14) days in their own homes If symptoms appear during the period of quarantine, the person must be placed in isolation and will be tested for COVID-19.
- Partially/unvaccinated British citizens en route to, and partially/unvaccinated residents of, Montserrat are permitted to land in Antigua and Barbuda and transit via aeroplane from V.C. Bird International Airport to Montserrat. Such passengers will not be permitted to leave the airport prior to departure.
- Fully vaccinated passengers entering Antigua and Barbuda who can present verifiable documentation that they have received both doses of a World Health Organization (WHO) or Ministry of Health Wellness and the Environment (MOHWE) approved 2-dose COVID 19 vaccine or one dose of a single dose COVID 19 vaccine and have a COVID-19 RT-PCR/ approved Rapid Antigen negative test result will be allowed to stay at bio safe/certified accommodation/yacht. At least two (2) weeks must have passed since the administration of the FULL vaccine dosage.
- Persons quarantined at a government-approved facility for a period of fourteen (14) days will do so for a fee not exceeding EC$82.00 per night.
- Arriving passengers who are permitted to quarantine at home or instructed to stay at a government quarantine facility may be required to wear a monitoring bracelet according to the Quarantine Authority regulations.
- Partially/unvaccinated passengers who arrive
- without COVID 19 test results, or
- with results from incorrect COVID 19 test assays, or
- with Rapid Antigen Test results of four (4) days or more from their travel date
will be charged the cost of administering of the required RT PCR test assay.
The fee is US$50.00 for nationals and US$100.00 for non-nationals.
- Visitors are required to observe all protocols during their stay and patronize only COVID-19 certified businesses such as restaurants and excursions for the duration of their trip.
- Passengers granted medical exemption arriving for medical treatment/procedures must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR taken within four (4) days of their flight. They also must comply with Ministry of Health Guidelines for the Transfer of Patients into Antigua and Barbuda, to include:
- A letter of Request for Medical Transfer from the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of the originating country to the CMO of Antigua and Barbuda who is also the Quarantine Authority.
- A medical report detailing patient’s condition, treatment required and the urgency of the situation.
- A Letter of Acceptance from the receiving institution stating that the patient has been accepted for care, together with the name of the physician who will be managing the patient.
- The intended address in Antigua and Barbuda, together with the name and telephone number of a contact person if available.
- The wearing of face masks in public spaces is actively encouraged throughout Antigua and Barbuda and social/physical distancing protocols should still be adhered to. Therefore, all passengers arriving in Antigua and Barbuda are encouraged to wear face masks wherever there are gatherings of significant numbers of people e.g., ports, supermarkets, bars and clubs.
- All arriving passengers must complete a Health Declaration Form and will be subject to screening and temperature checks by Port Health Authorities upon arrival in Antigua and Barbuda. Passengers who knowingly present false declarations of COVID-19 negative tests or vaccination on arrival will be fined according to the laws of Antigua and Barbuda.
- Arriving passengers with symptoms of COVID 19 may be isolated as determined by the Health Authorities.
- Transiting passengers/Crew members who require an overnight stay will be required to proceed to a hotel or government certified facility to await departure.
- Rapid antigen tests will be permitted for departing passengers in cases where the receiving states permit the use thereof by individuals returning to their countries of origin. Hotels will be required to provide this service to their guests.
- All Marine Pleasure Craft and Ferry Services entering the waters of Antigua and Barbuda should contact the Antigua Port Authority, using VHF Channel 16, at least six (6) hours prior to arrival. Instructions will be given to guide the crafts to either the Nevis Street Pier or English/Falmouth Harbours, Jolly Harbour, or other holding area.
Military Vessels/Aircraft and other Watercraft transporting food, medical supplies, humanitarian and emergency supplies will be required to follow the Quarantine Guidelines established by the Quarantine Authority as well as issued by Port Health and must give prior notification before arrival.
These restrictions for maritime traffic, and the consequential Antigua Port Authority guidelines, issued during the State of Emergency, shall not restrict vessels engaged in innocent passage and/or transit passage, within the territorial seas and/or archipelagic waters of Antigua and Barbuda, under the 1982 United Nations Convention on Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
This Travel Advisory replaces ALL previous Travel Advisories issued by the Government of Antigua and Barbuda.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]