SamuelFields Consulting Group (SFCG), an eLearning consultancy is on a mission to give small businesses a bigger voice, by providing education and training to help improve their financial literacy and financial well-being.
“Entrepreneurship is a dream for many Antiguans and Barbudans and small and micro businesses owners are not defined necessarily by what they sell, but by their passion and life’s work. For those who dare to dream, create a business and leave a legacy in our community, we recognize them as role models,” said Megan Samuel-Fields, CEO of SFCG.
Throughout the month of November on Likkle Byte Ideas, a weekly one-hour digital show that is live-streamed on Facebook and YouTube, the SFCG team has highlighted local entrepreneurs and their diverse experiences in harnessing their skills and talents to start their own business. The initiative was designed to celebrate Inspirational Role Models Month. Some four entrepreneurs were invited to SFCG’s virtual stage to discuss how “likkle ideas can turn into big dreams.”
The guests highlighted in the Inspirational Role Model Series were:
– Miriam Samuel an octogenarian and retired school teacher who is the owner of Screw Pine Company. Her A & B Memory Box was launched to celebrate Antigua and Barbuda’s 40th Anniversary of Independence. She offers over 40 local agri products that are packaged using various themes to evoke nostalgia.
– Heather Doram of Heather Doram Art is a retired art teacher and former Director of Culture. She is also an actor, talk show host and the designer of Antigua and Barbuda’s national dress.
– Sir Richie Richardson, former Captain of the West Indies Cricket Team. He is an avid golfer, an international umpire, sports commentator, property manager and is pursuing a host of business ventures.
– Barry “Scorpion” Edwards, calypsonian, cultural icon and owner of Beach Limerz an award winning beach bar, located on the historic Fort James Beach.
“Everyone has a role model and at some point in our lives, we have all consciously looked to another person for inspiration and guidance,” said Megan Samuel-Fields, CEO of SFCG. Her mother Miriam Samuel was the first guest to be featured on the Inspirational Role Model Series. “I have always looked to my mother, who has demonstrated that it is never too late to follow your dreams.”
Samuel-Fields, a lawyer and accountant, became an entrepreneur 12 years ago after holding executive positions in regional and international corporations for more than 20 years. She advises existing and aspiring entrepreneurs to ask themselves the following questions:
- What are your interests?
- Where is there a need in the market, and how can your skills satisfy that need?
- Who is your ideal client?
- What is your ideal work environment?
As Antigua and Barbuda reopens for business, SFCG will offer a FREE webinar, designed to help entrepreneurs and small and micro businesses owners transform their dreams into long-lasting ventures, by making informed business decisions. For more information contact: [email protected].
WATCH SFCG’s Inspirational Role Model Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhw4QXWBzA
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]
Beach Limerz,is my favorite place to eat at in Antigua.The food is way up there good. The service is second to none in all of Antigua.Keep up the good work Barry and Staff.See you all very soon in the New Year.
Comments are closed.