The University of the West Indies (The UWI) has promoted seven of its academics to Professor — the regional University’s highest academic rank. These appointments were made after thorough evaluation of the quality and quantity of their research, publications and other professional activities by internal and external assessors. Having received outstanding reviews in their respective areas of specialty, the following academics were promoted with effect from September 30, 2020:
Cave Hill Campus
- Dr Isabelle Constant — promoted to Professor of French, Francophone African and Caribbean Literatures
- Mr Charles Grant — promoted to Professor of Applied Nuclear Sciences
- Dr Kathleen Monteith — promoted to Professor of Caribbean History
- Dr Monika Parshad-Asnani — promoted to Professor of Family Medicine and Epidemiology
- Dr Helen Trotman-Edwards — promoted to Professor of Paediatrics and Neonatology
St. Augustine Campus
- Dr Hamid Ghany — promoted to Professor of Constitutional Affairs and Parliamentary Studies
- Dr Godfrey Steele — promoted to Professor of Human Communication Studies
In addition to their personal academic distinction, the scholarship of the new Professors also directly serves the mission of The UWI: “to advance learning, create knowledge and foster innovation for the positive transformation of the Caribbean and the wider world.”
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]