Swells to continue battering the coastlines of much of the Caribbean through the weekend.
Pounding swells, heading our way, are peaking once again, says forecaster Dale Destin.
The year’s worst swell event could cause, will likely continue to cause or cause, among other things:
- loss of life–strong currents that can carry even the strongest swimmers out to sea;
- injuries to beachgoers;
- beach closures;
- major beach erosion;
- flooding of some low-lying coastal roads;
- disruptions to marine recreation and businesses;
- salt-water intrusion and disruptions to potable water from desalination;
- damage to coral reefs;
- harbour closure–making the navigation of some harbour channels dangerous and
- financial losses.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Antigua and abroad!
Contact us at [email protected]