Sunday, 13th November, 2022 will be observed as the National Day of Remembrance for those who fell in the World Wars of 1914 – 1918 and 1939 – 1945.
It is hereby notified for general information that the following arrangements have been made for its observance in Antigua and Barbuda.
- Four Sentries will be in attendance at the War Memorial and the Defence Force Band will play until 8:00am
- His Excellency, the Governor General, will arrive at the War Memorial at 8:00am (armed reserved by Sentries)
- The four Sentries in attendance will stand with “Arms Reserved”
- After the blessing the following will be read:
They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them nor do the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them
- The Buglers will sound the Last Post
- The “Two Minute” silence
- The Buglers will sound the Reveille
- The Sentries will Order Arms
- Wreaths will be laid by the
- E. The Governor General
- The Hon. Prime Minister
- The British High Commission Representative
- Representatives of the Diplomatic Corps
- Consular Representatives
- The CDS of the Antigua and Barbuda Defence Force
- The Antigua Legion
- The National Cadet Corps
- The St. John’s Ambulance Brigade
- Other Uniformed Bodies
- The Sentries will “Present Arms” and the National Anthem will be played
- His Excellency, the Governor General, will greet the Ex-Servicemen on Parade
- His Excellency, the Governor General, departs
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]