A second Tropical Disturbance has developed between Africa and the Caribbean; it has a 20% or slight chance of formation.
The other disturbance has a 40% chance of formation. The threat level from both is little to none, AT THIS TIME.
- Disorganized showers and thunderstorms continue in association with a tropical wave located over the tropical Atlantic, about 850 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.
Some slow development of this disturbance is possible later this week and this weekend while the system moves westward to west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph, likely reaching the Lesser Antilles by Wednesday night.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.
- Shower activity associated with a tropical wave located about 800 miles southwest of the Cabo Verde islands has become a little better organized since yesterday.
Additional slow development of this system is possible during the next several days as it moves generally west-northwestward at about 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
[National Hurricane Center]
Support Antigua Newsroom from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.