GOVERNMENT OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA MINISTRY OF WORKS SECOND ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE REHABILITATION PROJECT CLERK OF WORKS REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Government of Antigua and Barbuda (GOAB) has obtain financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Second Road Infrastructure Rehabilitation Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under a contract for which this invitation is issued. Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of GOAB and upon approval by CDB and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purposes of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GOAB shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
This Project is being implemented by the Ministry of Works (MoW), through the establishment of a Project Implementation Management Unit (PIMU). A Project Coordinator within the PIMU shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of project activities. Engineering Consultants shall be retained by MoW to assist with the supervision of the contract.
MoW (hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”) intends to engage the services of a Clerk of Works (CW) for the duration of the project implementation phase.
The objective of the consultancy is the effective and timely achievement of the project outputs and outcome(s) through efficient delivery of services.
CW will report to the Project Coordinator, PIMU or an officer designated and will be assigned exclusively to the unit. His/her duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Monitor and inspect work of construction contractor for assigned projects on behalf of the Consultant.
- Review contract documents, drawings and specifications in order to maintain familiarity with assigned projects and insure construction contractor’s full understanding of documents.
- Review contractor shop drawings and provide comments on conformance/non-conformance to Resident Engineer
- Act as liaison between consultant and contractor.
- Conduct on-site observation and spot-checks of work in progress.
- Ensure contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting tests specified in contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in contract, and report deficiencies to Resident Engineer and contractor.
- Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay.
- Maintain job-site files, documents, reports and daily log; prepare periodic reports for Project Manager as required.
- Attend all job-site meetings in conjunction with project manager.
- Receive, record, present for approval, and maintain custody of samples submitted by construction contractor.
- Review requests for progress payments measurements submitted by construction contractor and forward with recommendations to Project Manager.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Prospective candidates must possess the minimum following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction technology, quantity surveying, building science or related field and four years of related experience in civil construction in capacity such as clerk of the works or project manager’s assistant.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, codes, and other material pertinent to construction.
- Working knowledge of civil construction components and systems.
- Knowledge of construction materials means and methods.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, Life Safety and hazardous materials.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
- Ability to wear/use personal protective equipment as needed on construction site
The duration of the assignment is expected to be for a period of twenty-four (24) months.
GOAB now invites interested eligible individuals to submit Expressions of Interest indicating qualification and experience required to provide these services.
Individual Consultant shall be eligible to participate if:
- the persons are citizen or bona fide residents of an eligible country; and
(b) in all cases, the consultant has no arrangement and undertakes not to make any arrangements, whereby any substantial part of the net profits or other tangible benefits of the contract will accrue or be paid to a person not a citizen or bona fide resident of an eligible country.
Eligible countries are member countries of CDB.
In the assessment of submissions, consideration will be given to qualifications and experience on similar assignments. All information must be submitted in English. Further information may be obtained from the third address below between 0800 and 1600 hours, Mondays to Fridays.
Four (4) hard copies of the Expressions of Interest must be received at the first address no later than 1500 hours local time on 30th March, 2020 and one electronic copy must be sent to CDB at the second address below. The sealed envelope containing each submission should include the name and address of the applicant and shall be clearly marked “Expression of Interest – Clerk of Works (CW) Second Road Infrastructure Rehabilitation Project “
Following the assessment of submissions, the most technically capable and appropriately experienced applicant will be invited to negotiate a contract to provide the consultancy services. GOAB reserves the right to accept or reject late applications or to cancel the present invitation partially or in its entirety. It will not be bound to assign any reason for not selecting any applicant and will not defray any costs incurred by any applicant in the preparation and submission of Expressions of Interest.
|1.||Chairman, Tenders Board
Ministry of Finance and Corporate Governance
Government Office Complex
Queen Elizabeth Highway
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
Tel: (268) 562-5825 / 5826
Fax: (268) 562-1717
Email: [email protected]
|2.||Procurement Policy Unit
Caribbean Development Bank
Ministry of Works
St. John’s Street
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
Tel: +268 562 1867
Fax: +268 462 4622
Email: [email protected]