Two Hispanic men, Leandro Payano, 25, and Javier Alcantara, 32, are in critical condition after being electrocuted while cleaning the administrative building at the Antigua and Barbuda port.
The incident occurred when a scaffold they were moving rolled into a high-tension APUA wire above them.
Both were employed by a cleaning company and received severe burns and other injuries.
They were rushed to the Sir Lester Bird Medical Center, where medical staff is working on stabilizing their conditions.
Members of the Spanish community have also gathered at the hospital following the incident.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]