GOVERNMENT OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING
SECOND ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE REHABILITATION PROJECT
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS
The Government of Antigua and Barbuda (GOAB) has received financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) – United Kingdom Caribbean Infrastructure Partnership Fund (UKCIF) towards the cost of Road Infrastructural Rehabilitation and Institutional Capacity Building and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under a contract for which this invitation is issued. Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of GOAB and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GOAB shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
This Project is being implemented by the Ministry of Works and Housing (MWH), Road Division. A Project Coordinator within Road Division shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of project activities. Engineering Consultants shall be retained by MWH to assist with the supervision of the contract.
MWH (hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”) intends to pre-qualify contractors for the following design-build works under this project:
- The proposed works include the rehabilitation and or reconstruction and resurfacing of four arteries which are critical to the long term economic viability of the island. A total of 28 km of roads are expected to be rehabilitated, together with the associated drainage and traffic management improvements. The roads to be rehabilitated or reconstructed are:
Lot 1 – Sir Sidney Walling Highway – 14 km
Lot 2 – Anchorage Road – 1.44 km, Old Parham Road – 2.9 km, Valley Road – 9.54 km
It is expected that Invitations to Bid will be issued during the fourth quarter of 2017.
Eligible countries are member countries of CDB.
The requirements for pre-qualification will include:
- A minimum average annual construction turnover (defined as billing for works in progress and completed) over the last 5 years of United States Dollars US $5 million equivalent;
- A minimum average annual design turnover (defined as billing for works in progress and completed) over the last 5 years of United States Dollars US $2 million equivalent;
- Demonstrable cash flow (including access to credit) of US $ 3 million equivalent;
- Experience under construction contracts in the role of contractor, sub-contractor, or management contractor in the construction of at least one assignment of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed project activity within the last 5 years with a value of at least US $5 million (to comply with this requirement, works quoted should be at least 80 percent complete). The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology or other characteristics as described in Section VI, Employer’s Requirements.
- Participation as designer, in at least 3 contracts within the last 6 years, each with a value of at least US $5 million, that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed works.
- Project Manager with 15 years’ experience, 10 of which have been spent in works of an equivalent nature and scope, including not less than five as a Project Manager.
Eligible applicants may obtain the pre-qualification information documents by calling, writing, or emailing to the first address below. The request must clearly state “Road Infrastructure Rehabilitation Works – Government of Antigua and Barbuda”. Potential applicants who request that hard copies of the documents be forwarded to them are required to submit an account number from a local courier agent, which accepts freight collect charges. MWH will promptly dispatch the documents but under no circumstances will the Ministry be responsible for late delivery or loss of the documents so transmitted.
Submissions of applications for pre-qualification shall be in English and must be received in sealed envelopes, clearly marked “Application to Pre-qualify for “Road Infrastructure Rehabilitation Works – Government of Antigua and Barbuda”. Applications must be either delivered by hand or by registered mail to the second address below not later than 2p.m., 13th November, 2017. A copy of the Application for Prequalification should be simultaneously submitted to CDB at the third address below.
MWH reserves the right to accept or reject late applications or to cancel the prequalification process. MWH will not be bound to assign any reason for not pre-qualifying any applicant and will not defray costs incurred by applicants in the preparation and submission of the pre-qualification documents.
Applicants will be advised in due course of the results of their application. Only contractors and joint ventures pre-qualified under this procedure will be invited to bid.
Ministry of Works and Housing
St. John’s Street
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
Tel: +268 562 1867
Email: [email protected]
Antigua and Barbuda Tenders Board
Ministry of Finance and Corporate Governance
Government Office Complex
ANTIGUA AND BABUDA
Tel: +268 562 5825/26
Email: [email protected]
Procurement Policy Unit
Caribbean Development Bank
P O Box 408, Wildey
BARBADOS, W. I.
Email: [email protected]