The Antigua and Barbuda Electoral Commission (ABEC) wishes to remind persons who have attained the age of 18 about their constitutional right to register to vote.
With the possibility of the country’s first referendum, the voting requirements and process will be similar to that which occur in the General Elections.
Persons who are seeking a transfer or to register are asked to go to the respective constituency units during the weekdays of Mondays to Thursday between the hours of 8:30 am and 4 pm or on Fridays between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm.
ABEC is also reminding the public that an individual is qualified to be registered as an elector for a constituency if, he or she:
- is a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda; or
- is a Commonwealth citizen (other than a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda) who has resided in Antigua and Barbuda legally for a period of at least seven years immediately before the qualifying date; and
- is 18 years of age or over; and
- has resided in that constituency for a period of at least 6 months prior to his or her registration.
The following documents are to be provided by an applicant for registration in accordance
For Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda:
- Valid Antigua and Barbuda passport; or
- Birth or Baptismal Certificate with photo identification (i.e. Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Medical Benefits Card or photo certified by persons eligible to endorse passport forms).
- Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Registration (in the event the passport is not yet processed, together with photo identification);
For Citizens of a Commonwealth Country –
- A valid Commonwealth passport which must show that the applicant has been lawfully residing in Antigua and Barbuda for seven consecutive years prior to the date when the person applies to be registered, in addition to any other documentation requested by the Registration Officer.
The following are the Registration Locations:
St. Johns City West- Villa Primary School in Villa (Villa)
St. John’s City East – Central Registration Unit (Factory Road)
St. John’s City South- Central Registration on Factory Road (Factory Road)
St. John’s Rural West – Multipurpose and Exhibition Centre (Perry Bay)
St. John’s Rural South- Nyah Roberts Sports Complex (Joseph Lane, Lower Ottos)
St. John’s Rural East – Chaia’s Building adjacent to the YMCA
St. John’s Rural North- York’s Community Centre
St. Mary’s North- Molyneuax Building
St. Mary’s South – Central Registration Unit (Tues, Wed, Fri) and Bolans Primary School (Mon,Thurs)
All Saints East and St. Luke- Nelson’s House (next to the All Saints Fire Station)
All Saints West – Community Access Centre (next to the All Saints Fire Station)
St. George- Potters Primary School (Potters)
St. Peter’s- Parham Primary School (Parham)
St. Philip North- Willikies Main Road (Green Building near the bus stop)
St. Philip South – St. Philip Postal Office Building
St. Paul – Falmouth Craft Shop
Barbuda – Central Registration Unit
The general public is also reminded to check ABEC’s website – www.abec.gov.ag for updates and further information relating to the electoral process in Antigua and Barbuda.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Antigua and abroad!
Contact us at [email protected]