Man, 62, is latest victim to COVID

1

There has been an eighth death from COVID-19 in Antigua and Barbuda — a 62-year-old man.

The latest death was confirmed in the Health Ministry’s dashboard, which says this development brings deaths from non-imported infections to six.

The other two deaths recorded so far have been imported.

Meanwhile, the Health Ministry says it received no new results from Mount St John’s Medical Centre or the Caribbean Public Health Agency as of Monday, February 8.

It means the country’s case count remains at 316 with 119 active cases. The number of active cases has been adjusted for the latest death.

Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Antigua and abroad!
Contact us at [email protected]

1 COMMENT

  1. The nation must proceed very cautiously with the Oxford astrazeneca vaccine. It is still yet to be proven to be effective against the south African variant of the covid-19 virus.

    South Africa has suspended the rollout of this particular vaccine. Germany has voiced its concern over its use also.
    Yes, it is the cheapest of all the covid-19 vaccines thus far and the one that can be stored at room temperature. However, we must be certain of its efficacy.

    COVAX and the WHO must let the people know the truth about the Astrazeneca vaccine.

    I am calling on the CMO and other health officials here to tell the nation the plain truth about the astrazeneca vaccine before they proceed to administer vaccinations.

    WORLD “CRYSIS”: TELL THE PEOPLE THE WHOLE TRUTH ABOUT ASTRAZENECA

Comments are closed.