Denver, Colorado – February 8, 2022: Liberty Latin America Ltd. (“Liberty Latin America” or “LLA”) (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has launched a global education and advocacy campaign in support of Safer Internet Day (SID) under this year’s theme “Together for a better internet.”
Felipe Ruiz Rivillas, VP, Information Security, and CISO, Liberty Latin America, commented, “For this year’s observance of Safer Internet Day, we are focusing our educational efforts on internet security across three pillars – cyberbullying, online security, and social engineering – taking into consideration the increasing prevalence of online fraud. We know education is critical, so we are deploying an extensive campaign across our region to raise awareness of key issues surrounding online security. Safer Internet Day provides an important focus from the global community, but we are committed to sharing valuable information and insights year-round.”
Liberty Latin America’s Safer Internet Day activations across the region will see thousands of employees join together with the Company’s charitable foundations: Cable & Wireless Charitable Foundation, Cable & Wireless Panama Foundation, Jamaica Flow Foundation, Liberty Puerto Rico Foundation, and Fundación VTR to celebrate the positive power of the internet with activities that will help raise awareness on safer internet use, specifically issues about cyberbullying, online security, and social engineering (safety security in the workplace).
Activities will include:
- Hosting virtual webinars for schools in partnership with local authorities across the region to educate youth on the damaging effects of cyberbullying and how to use the Internet respectfully;
- Running local advertising across the region to create awareness on safer internet use;
- Conducting video essay competitions that encourage youth across the region to develop ideas to prevent cyberbullying;
- Partnering with Ayudinga Foundation, Vida Segura Foundation, and the National Oratory Competition to deliver a free digital panel titled, “Online Security for Youth”; and,
- Educating employees about information reliability and keeping personal information private.
“All of our activities have been thoughtfully developed to help keep our customers, employees, and communities safe as they navigate the Internet,” Ruiz continued. “We believe we have a responsibility to educate, connect, enable progress, and help nurture communities in the region. And we are committed to doing that.”
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]