It seems some of your readers need to be educated as to what is news. I say this after reading their comments on the Low Rider story.
For their benefit please publish this letter. It is news for the following reasons:
- Low Rider is a former Soca Monarch of Antigua. The way we assess what is news is by taking account of the persons involved.
- Low Rider himself posted the video to social media, no one forced him.
- The alleged offence involves a possible crime (Domestic Violence and Battery) which is a serious offence
- He is an Antiguan citizen who is in the United States and publish the story brings attention to his plight.
- People tend to be of the false narrative that domestic violence matter should be kept quiet.
This list can go on. When a national figure who has represented the country abroad is involved in a quagmire in the U.S or else where and publishes a video on the incident, it is more than news it is BIG News.
The media cannot be faulted for reporting on it. So many social issues are raised in the 7minutes video, giving the public an opportunity to discuss them.
It is strange, because I guarantee if you were to publish your statics on this report, it would be high despite those saying that’s not news.
In my experience those who say that’s not news are the first to read it.
With that said, I hope that you will do a follow-up to see how Mr Low Rider is doing.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Antigua and abroad!
Contact us at [email protected]