On behalf of the people of Falmouth, Cobbs Cross, English Harbour, Red Hills and Piccadilly, I am calling on the Police to control and regulate the Jouvert scheduled for this Whit Monday. CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHAT’S APP GROUP
The jouvert should be restricted to inside the village and not on the main road which is one of the most important roads in this country linking the country’s second city of English Harbour to St. John’s.
We are now in the 21st century. This is not the Antigua of 25 years ago with few vehicles and little villages. There are now 55,000 vehicles on the roads.
What happens is that the jouvert blocks the main road/highway and the alternative roads are also blocked because those coming to the jouvert park on both sides of the small by-roads. Traffic confusion reigns.
The Constituency Representative who has organised this jouvert had better understand that he represents the entire St. Paul and not just Liberta.
Gas prices are so high so why should we be forced to use more gas to go the long way around Bethesda? Is he paying our gas bill?
I call on the Police to get involved.
Paul of Piccadilly
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]
Paul u Saul
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Paul you can hire the Wilmoth Daniel STRIPPER POLE BUS 🚌 to transport you and your crew
@Smh….that strippa bus would do well during jouvay!!
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 nah give the Spanish pitbull any ideas
also the bus could transport the PM and his personal Broker who stole $3,000,000 of people hard earned money that is now needed to alleviate all the hunger and poverty in Antigua caused by this wicked ABLP goverment – to 1735.
The writer of this letter obviously has a personal issue with the organizers of the j’ouvert. This is an event that takes place once a year and here is the writer taking a piss about the road being closed and all sorts of belly gripe. The writer knows at least a few weeks in advance that an event is going to take place on that day, and all “Paul of Piccadilly” has to do is to plan accordingly so that “he” does not get inconvenienced. Many people know about the West Indian Day Parade in New York during the US Labor Day celebrations. During the parade Eastern Parkway is completely blocked. What do people who have to traverse that route do? They simply find alternatives. The same happens in many countries when they have cause for celebration and have to block roads. “Paul of Piccadilly”, go drink some water, mind you business and let the people have their fun in peace.
Time will tell
Hi Paul, it is obvious that you do not have the facts after 21 years and so I hereunder will enlighten you;
1. Permission is sought and received each year from the Police
2. Police officers lead and close the J’ouvert parade
3. At no time during the movement of revellers throughout the community is traffic flow stopped as vehicular movement is assisted by the police dependent on the location of the procession. Liberta incidentally has a road network which makes the community merriment complimentary to traffic flows.
4. As MP for the St. Paul’s constituency I am fully aware of my responsibility to ALL constituents and areas of our constituency. The J’ouvert thought hosted in Liberta is the St. Paul’s Whit Monday J’ouvert with the house band being from English Harbour and with wide support from the youth of our community
5. It is my interest in the well-being and welfare of my constituents that gave rise to the annual event which predates my election to office and which serves to generate economic activity in our beloved community. All of St. Paul’s is indivisible.
6. I look forward to seeing you on Monday for our annual community staple and take this opportunity to wish all participants a safe and enjoyable J’ouvert. I also encourage motorists parking along the byroads to use only one side of these roads in order to allow for unimpeded traffic flows
Hon. E.P. Chet Greene
Control ALL or none at all. Why target this particular one? Obviously political intent.
Comments are closed.