Please give me a space in your paper to tell my displeasure. For the past school year 2016/2017 and this current school year, 2017/2018 the prolonged absence of a teacher of Agricultural Science of the Irene B Williams school and the negative effects it is having on particularly the students preparing for their CSEC examinations in a few months have been overbearing.
During the last school year, the students lost considerable contact time with the teacher whose attendance had been sporadic. Unfortunately for the current Fifth Form class, they have been without a teacher since the beginning of the 2016-2017 academic year. This untenable situation negatively affects the students in multiple ways, chief of which are:
· They have been deprived of regular, dedicated and continuous guidance from a teacher (they’ve been receiving intermittent work from teachers assigned to other subject areas).
· They are compelled to travel to the All Saints Secondary for practical SBA work at the pleasure/convenience of the host teacher and often to their detriment since that time inevitably clashes with other subject times at school.
· A few parents have become justifiably frustrated and have removed their child from the class
· Students who love the subject have had to consider the unpleasant prospect of dropping it.
· Students feel that the system has been unfair to them and that, officially, no interest has been placed on their basic educational needs, emotional wellbeing and by extension, their future careers.
I believe that if the aforementioned situation remains unresolved the students would be devastated, their wills crushed and dreams dashed and all 20 plus students will fail. It is imperative that the Irene B Williams Secondary, as a fledgling school, should receive the things necessary to facilitate growth and meaningful development.
The ministry of education is aware of the situation and nothing is being done for our children. Where is their interest? They are failing them!
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]