NOTE: This update was prepared prior to an explosion which occurred at 6:30AM local time.
La Soufriere SCIENTIFIC UPDATE – 13/04/21 6:00AM
1. Seismic activity at La Soufrière, St Vincent continued the pattern established yesterday, with short bands of continuous seismic tremor interspersed with long-period earthquakes.
2. Following the latest band of tremor, at 1:30 am, the long-period earthquakes have steadily become more frequent.
3. Audible venting was heard associated with some periods of tremor and long-period earthquake activity.
4. The volcano continues to erupt explosively and has now begun to generate pyroclastic density currents – hot (200°C-700°C), ground-hugging flows of ash and debris.
5. Explosions and accompanying ashfall, of similar or larger magnitude, are likely to continue to occur over the next few days impacting St. Vincent and neighbouring islands.
6. The volcano is at alert level Red
7. Visit the International Volcanic Hazard Health Network for information and resources on living with volcanic ash.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]