- The government of Antigua and Barbuda has declared a State of Emergency in an effort to curb the spread of the Coronavirus – COVID 19
- A curfew from Saturday, March 28 to Tuesday, April 11, 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. has been imposed. This time period will be reviewed and may be extended.
- There will be limited movement during the day
- Continue to practice social distancing of six feet between persons
- Persons are confined to their places of residence during curfew hours
- The protocols will change as the government reviews the situation with the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
Essential Services permitted to operate during State of Emergency
- Royal Police Force of Antigua and Barbuda (to include Fire Service)
- Antigua and Barbuda Defence Force
- Office of National Drug and Money Laundering Control Policy (ONDCP)
- Customs Department and ancillary staff to include freight forwarders
- Immigration Department
- Emergency Medical Services and E-911 Services
- State Media
- Her Majesty’s Prison
- Air Traffic Control Service
- Metrological Services
- Trade Unions
- CareGivers e.g. nurses, orderlies, Doctors, Hospitals, Clinics and pharmacy workers
- Antigua Public Utilities Authority and any other utility/water providers
- Air and Sea Port Workers (Administration and other staff)
- Security Personnel (public and private)
- National Office of Disaster Services
- Medical and Paramedical Professions
- Removal, handling or burial of deceased persons or disposal of dead animals
- National Solid Waste Management Authority and all other departments for the collection, storage, treatment, and disposal of sewage, garbage or refuse
- Telecommunications providers
- Transportation Services to include LIAT 1974 Ltd. (Bus operators are to adequately protect themselves and patrons)
Select businesses will be allowed to operate from March 29 to April 11, between the recommended hours with strict adherence to the established social distancing regime ONLY:
Fish and Meat Markets, Abattoirs 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Farms/Agricultural produce vendors 2:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Pharmaceutical Companies/Pharmacies, drinks bottlers
Food distributors/water bottlers, dairy products producers
Food processors 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Bakeries 2:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Banks, Credit Unions, Insurance Companies,
Call Centres, Financial institutions 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Lawyers 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Media and other Broadcasting Services According to Schedules
Airlines & Ancillary services (BA, AA, Virgin etc.) According to Schedules
Cleaning Services 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tire Dealers/Repairs 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Maintenance Operators 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Restaurants/Food Vendors (Drive through/Pick-Ups ONLY) 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Fuel Manufactures/Distributors (WIOC, RUBIS etc.) 7:00 A.M. – 4:30 p.m.
Gas Stations (24 Hour Service Stations may operate) 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Wholesalers, Grocery Stores, Community Shops 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Delivery Services of Essential Items (meals, groceries, medicine) 8:00 a.m. – 6:00p.m.
Hotels/Villas & Ancillary Staff (gaming rooms, spas, gyms, tennis courts and any other recreational services provided by hotels are not allowed. In-room dining only)
Private Doctors/Veterinarians Established Norms
Constructions/Quarries/Hardware Stores 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
All Government Ministries/Statutory Bodies will operate as per instructions of Permanent Secretaries/Directors/Chairpersons
All courts will function under the guidance of the Chief Justice/Chief Magistrate
- Under the State of Emergency, persons must remain in the confines of their homes
- Churches are LIMITED to no more than 25 persons
- Funerals will be LIMITED to no more than 25 mourners, one officiant, the funeral director and necessary staff
- Weddings are LIMITED to bride, bridegroom, the official witnesses and marriage officer and guests of no more than 25 persons
- No social events whatsoever, to include birthday and anniversary celebrations are permitted
- Mount St. John Medical Centre will operate under new restrictions
- General public is not permitted at areas designated as quarantine centres or homes where persons are under self-quarantine
- Prison is closed to visitations
- All Schools remain closed until otherwise advised by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
- Visitation to Senior Citizens homes are not permitted
- Only leave your homes under emergency situations and always practice social distancing
- UNDER THE STATE OF EMERGENCY REGULATIONS, PERSONS IN CONTRAVENTION ARE LIABLE TO PAY A FINE OF $5, 000 OR TO IMPRISONMENT FOR SIX MONTHS OR TO BOTH FINE AND IMPRISONMENT. THE POLICE AND DEFENCE FORCES WILL BE ON PATROL TO ENFORCE THE PROTOCOLS OF THE STATE OF EMERGENCY.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]
Why they use that pick of the PM?
Mr PM time to give the media official photos…..
It’s must be done..safety first at all times ×
Comments are closed.