The Board of Education (BoE) has announced that there will be a delay in the redistribution of the e-book devices by for the upcoming school year.
The BoE said the delay is due to the late return of more than 1,300 of the devices, some of which are still to be collected.
Parents are being asked to return the devices, which are expected to be updated, upgraded and repaired in some instances for the preparation of the new school term commencing Monday, September 4.
“The Board of Education wants to assure the nation that we are committed to the education of our nation’s youth and is working assiduously to have these devices ready in the shortest possible time,” the BoE said in a press release.
It said it is currently assessing the delay and will advise parents of a date for the redistribution of the devices.
There is a $50 late fee for all outstanding e-books.
Last week, the Board of Education sent out a list of schools where students have not returned their devices.
Heading the list was Ottos Comprehensive School with more than 290 e-books to be returned. Clare Hall Secondary had 225, All Saints Secondary 174, Princess Margaret Secondary (PMS) 172, Jennings Secondary 169, Antigua Grammar School 112, Pares Secondary 91 and four other secondary schools with under 60 devices to be returned.