- a. The Cabinet decided that the curfew window, which had been from 7:00 am to 12:00 noon daily,will now commence at 6:00 am and continue until 6:00 pm daily for essential services; further, the period for its continuation will be until Friday, 15 May 2020 or for the next 23 days.
- b. During the 23-day period,construction projects are permitted to re-commence and are classified among the “essential”; all social distancing rules and the wearing of masks still hold.Restaurants may open for delivery, drive-thru and curbside deliveries only; no dine-in patrons are allowed. Staff and customers who collect food are to obey the social distancing rules (as far as possible) and all hygiene practices already established are to be obeyed. Frequent handwashing is emphasized.
- c.Retail businesses will remain on lockdown for one more week,following Cabinet meeting next Wednesday, April 29, 2020, when a review will take place.
- d.Bars and nightclubs are to remain closed, as are barber shops, spas and beauty salons, since the threat of Covid-19 still remains.
- e. Churches are to continue their virtual services/meetings in order to limit community spread of Covid-19.
- f. An opening date for schools will be forthcoming; that will be done in concert with the Ministries of Health and Education.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]
Can we send monies thru western union and moneygram
That response by Nicholas regarding parents and their children was the most unprepared and insensitive I have ever heard. He could have better answered by stating it was not discussed at Cabinet. Imagine this man trying to equate the care with what one would have done during the summer! Mr Nicholas these remain unusual times. Taking care of a child during the summer UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES is a different kettle of fish all together. During the summer parents take vacation and better yet parents are able to send their children to camps because mind you they can take all their vacation time then since they also have Christmas to contend with. Your insensitive response as if one you simply pack their bags and ship them off to a grandparent leaves a lot to be desired. As Bold Face say if you no know you just no know. We in the kitchen know about it!
Oh please. What did you want him to say? That the government will be responsible for taking care of people’s children??? Get a grip. The person who asked the question needs to use their brain and figure it out. The government does NOT have a babysitter service for ppl pickney
Wow 😳.. jus wow!!! There is jus something about an ABLP supporter….
The PM had really found himself between a rock & a hard stone before he made a decision to reduce the curfew restrictions…. Clearly, there seems to be mixed feelings towards his decision. Now, was the right decision really made to reduce the curfew window knowing that the last infected person had no travel history? Nothing was even mentioned about contact tracing in reference to this last person; yet still the curfew window has been reduced….. At the sametime, as a leader, the economics residents livelihood..?
The PM had really found himself between a rock & a hard stone before he made a decision to reduce the curfew restrictions…. Clearly, there seems to be mixed feelings towards his decision. Now, was the right decision really made to reduce the curfew window knowing that the last infected person had no travel history? Nothing was even mentioned about contact tracing in reference to this last person; yet still the curfew window has been reduced….. At the sametime, as a leader, the economics and its residents livelihood cannot be overlooked….. So the question arise which comes first the egg or the chicken ….. the nation’s health or the country’s economics?
Opening from 6:00 AM-6:00 PM curfew.What Curfew?
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. As stated, these relaxations are fluid and can be adjusted if and where necessary. Mr. PM, since you are going to be blamed anyway my advice to you is to continue to make sound decisions based on your uncanny ability to accurately assess situations and find effective solutions. Please don’t be sidetracked by noide making air polluters whose only qualification is a loud mouth and a cell phone!!!
No matter what the government do these keyboard gangster will just cry and whine about it. Just leave them alone by time Miss Rona gone about she business some of them will be suffering from Hypertension ( High Blood Pressure).
@Anon there can be no sound decisions on Cov 19 without adequate testing. Sadly the force behind the relaxing is a power house without money.
Lets just pray that persons self report and we dont have the community spread. In terms of testing molwyn keeps moving the goal post.
You sound like a choir member that can’t sing. If one of your family members falls pray to this virus you will surely make you sing.
As a leader you need to have a reason for doing everything and I don’t hear a sound one.
We should be at a point of doing more testing locally and test more people before expanded curfew.
At least the virus comes out between 6-6 and not 12-7.
Be safe all
Jeeze man aru sicking now. Nothing that the government do will ever please aru. Complain complain complain. Aru cry fu lockdown aru get um. Then the 7-12 window fu do aru business aru bawl anna engouh time fu do aru business now ah 6am-6pm aru still ah bawl. Frig me wha the hell aru want. I’m sure when a vaccine is found aru go bawl and find something else fu complain about.
so when will travel agents be open lots of us people have booked flights and they have been cancelled. we need to know ”WA GWAN FI WI MONEY”
Comments are closed.