HURST REPORTS ON CABINET OF Monday February 15 2021
The Cabinet held an emergency meeting today in order to address the rising number of infections that now stress our healthcare systems, and does not appear to be abating. Seven members were present face-to-face, six were on-line and virtual.
- The Cabinet invited the Director of the Mount St. John Medical Center, the Chief Medical Officer, the Doctor with administrative responsibility for the MSJMC, the Commissioner of Police. Following very vigorous discussions, the Cabinet decided to alter the Regulations governing the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Curfew Hours are now increased, compelling all, except essential workers, to be off the streets between 6:00 p.m. to 5:00 am beginning Tuesday, February 16, 2021, until March 15, 2021.
- Social gatherings are now limited to 5 persons. Exceptions apply to Churches and remain at 25 persons; funerals are also limited to 25 persons.
iii. Home Quarantine and Home Isolation will no longer be allowed. Residents who test positive for Covid-19 will not be returned home but are to be sent to a wing of the quarantine hotel set aside for infected persons; persons in the household of the infected resident are to be tested and may be required to quarantine at a government facility, wearing a bracelet.
- Bracelets will be worn by infected persons and may be worn by other persons placed in isolation and/or quarantine in order to ensure that no infected person disobeys the confinement rules that apply.
- The Cabinet was informed (by the Medical Director of the MSJMC) of the human resources available at the MSJMC, including the number of doctors, nurses of varying specialties, and support staff. The Medical Director also informed of the stock of PPEs, providing precise figures of the number of face masks of different types; of face shields, hair coverings and shoe coverings; gloves of various kinds, and other protective gear, now available. Clearly, there is a sufficiency of supply of protective gear at the Hospital and in the Stores. However, there is a clear need for more nurses. The Cabinet enquired of the means by which the specialties can be filled; it is acknowledged that long-term planning is required, or by the importation of additional Cuban nurses and doctors. The Cabinet was informed that 100,000 syringes have been ordered in order to ensure that all persons in Antigua and Barbuda can be successfully vaccinated.
- The issue of the Dashboard, specifically the lag between publications and the difference between the numbers pending and the increased finding on the next publication, was inquired into by Cabinet. The explanation offered revolved around the flow of information from the MSJMC, which is compelled to examine and test men and women who are travelling. The accumulation of tests carried out during any one night may exceed the “numbers pending” when the Dashboard is next published. The Cabinet thanked the Minister of Health for his explanation corroborated by the officials from the MSJMC.
- The arrival of the 5,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine last Friday, February 12, as a gift from Dominica was also discussed. It was agreed that the healthcare workers will be the very first to receive the shots beginning on Wednesday, February 17, 2021.The Police and other front-line workers will also be provided with the vaccine as quickly as possible. The vaccine will also be administered to those who have contracted the disease since it seems to decrease the length of hospital stay, and appears to stop the spread to others. Mention was made of the Head of SAGE of the WHO, a doctor who appeared on a radio program this weekend.
- The Executive of the Antigua and Barbuda Nurses Association (ABNA) was also invited to Cabinet. The nurses and the MSJMC were asked about the vaccine and the willingness of the Nursing staff to allow the vaccine to be administered. The President of the ABNA would not give a firm endorsement of the acceptance of the vaccine, but would revert to her executive following a meeting on Tuesday, February 16, 2021. Additional issues relating to communication hiccups and supplies of PPEs, the availability of washbasins and hand sanitizers were also raised.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]
Still not changed??? Really????
Neg pcr within 3-days of flight into Anu
Test on arrival
Mandatory jolly Beach for 3 or 4 nights
If neg, released
If positive to quarantine lockdown
The rules for citizens & residents
MUST BE THE SAME FOR A L L ARRIVALS air or boat
Separately, please share the specific procedure for a citizen/national that has been contact traced & tests positive.
? Opportunity to go home after test result & pick up supplies before moving to govt facility
? Transport govt or own car
? How long in facility before second test
? How many neg tests required & how far apart (# days) before the person is released to home
We need this information asap please
Stay Alert their know the right thing to do but it’s all about the money . I can say with certainty that when I come to Àntigua I PERSONALLY SPEND MORE WAY MORE MONEY THAN THE AVERAGE TOURISTS NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT . Yes there are those that don’t follow the protocols but you CLOSE THE FRONT DOOR BUT LEAVE THE BACK OPEN .
Referencing the meta-analysis from Dr. Tess Lawrie in the UK, the Belgian virologist shares that based on 15 randomized controlled trials and observational controlled trials, the ivermectin treatment reduces deaths by an average of 83%.
He shares that based on the Dr. Lawrie meta-analysis, the drug also reduces the risk of deterioration by 53%.
Furthermore, Wathelet cites Lawrie that the drug used as prophylaxis given to health care workers or relatives can reduce the risk of infection by 88%.
He aligns with America-based Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) Wathelet suggesting a “Multi-pronged approach” to treating COVID-19, including treatments used at early onset, vaccines, social distancing and other measures such as face masks.
God seems like a nice guy and all. But why do churches get exemption?
GOD SEEMS LIKE A NICE GUY ? YOU DON’T SEEM TOO SURE MY BROTHER . YOU SPEAK ABOUT THE CREATOR AS IF YOU’RE ADDRESSING ONE OF YOUR BUDDIES .
100,000 syringes on order for the first vaccination programme
( any ETA for delivery? Let’s hope by early March or according to Cabinet we’ll have vials but insufficient syringes so delaying protection process.
I’m sure the medical procurement team have factored in that we’ll need as many again for the likely variant boosters this Fall & thereafter annually most likely)
Increased testing from increased contact tracing, & hopefully at airport & seaports for ALL arrivals, multiple tests for those in quarantine/self isolation will require swabs AND REAGENT.
Some countries have run out of reagent and had to beg multiple big countries for assistance as apparently it’s in very limited availability.
No reagent = no testing.
That would be a dangerous deadly nightmare.
Going forward, for many months if not into next year, testing AND vaccination will be critical to the countries health; physically, mentally & financially.
If the virus is a potential death sentence, how comes they don’t address the problem at the root, people are travelling from high risk countries, we are closing the inside borders the outside borders are open.
This is more of control than protection
Warfare on point . The meaning of Institutional racism or better know as systematic racism is a racism EMBEDDED IN OUR SOCIETY AND ACCEPTED AS NORMAL SUCH IS THE PROTOCOL AGAINST IT’S OWN CITIZENS OF ÀNTIGUA .
Diseased tourists let right in to patronize business and spread disease
You are infested with mosquitos (virus), for God’s sake close your windows and doors.
The Dutch government has been told by the court to reverse its coronavirus pandemic curfew after The Hague ruled there was no legal basis for it and called it an infringement on people’s rights.
In a statement, The Hague declared that the government’s use of the Extraordinary Powers of Civil Authority Act – an emergency act which allows the state to bypass the legislative process to impose a curfew in “very urgent and exceptional circumstance” – was not justified in this case during the Covid-19 crisis.
“The Preliminary Relief Judge ruled that the introduction of the curfew did not involve the special urgency required to be able to make use of the [act],” the Hague continued, noting that the government had had time to discuss such a curfew beforehand, before ruling that “the use of this law to impose curfew is not legitimate.”
The curfew is a far-reaching violation of the right to freedom of movement and privacy and (indirectly) limits, among other things, the right to freedom of assembly and demonstration.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY ANYBODY WHO WOULDN’T EAT GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOODS WOULD BE WILLING TO TAKE THE COVID ‘VACCINE’ AND BECOME A GENETICALLY MODIFIED HUMAN ?
Dictator and traitor Gaston needs to be removed from office and banned for life from ever being in politics.
Again, he illegally brings the best vaccine for us paid by our tax dollars and gives us the least effective vaccine. Gaston continues to show us we are there for him and his personal agenda.
Where are Nigel Christian’s murderers?
Where are Nigel Christian’s murderers?
Where are Nigel Christian’s murderers?
Comments are closed.