Assault trial comes to an abrupt end

0
A High Court Judge halted an assault case on Day 2 of the trial after several witnesses contradicted the complainant’s testimony.

Twenty-four-year-old Dwayne King was on trial accused of knocking a Belmont woman out cold with stone in March of 2014.

He had been facing charges of Causing Grievous Bodily Harm with Intent and Inflicting Grievous Bodily Harm.

However, the judge ended the trial and found King not guilty by reason of self-defence after three witnesses testified the woman had been approaching the defendant with cutlass in her hand when she was struck with the stone. –

During the trial, which began Monday, the court heard King and some other boys went the complainant’s home in search of her son whom they were told had confessed to taking the defendant’s cellphone the previous day.

An altercation ensued between the King and the young man and the mother intervene.

 The woman, who said the defendant kicked her, admitted she struck him across the head with 10-pound dumbbell that had been lying near the door.

 The court heard, the fight soon ended up in the streets where the woman said King struck her across the face as she stood talking on her cellphone.

 

 

Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages. Your content is delivered instantly to thousands of users in Antigua and abroad!
Contact us at [email protected]