The Chief Medical Officer was invited to Cabinet in order to provide advice on beach closure and reduced face-to-face classes on April 12, 2021;
- a) the CMO expressed support for those two policy options adopted by the Cabinet.
- b) the continued closure of the offshore islands for private parties was also agreed during the CMO’s discourse.
- c) fishers, both sport fishers and regular fisherfolk, enjoy exemptions from the weekend restrictions and may take their vessels out to sea during the Easter weekend; however, private pleasure craft are NOT allowed to set sail during the Thursday to Monday Easter closure of the beaches and seas.
- vessels transporting passengers and/or goods to and from Barbuda are exempt.
- e) the Cabinet, upon the urging of the CMO, who is also the Chief Quarantine Officer, called upon the APUA to provide better connectivity from the Government’s Quarantine Facilities so that students and others detained may continue to communicate with their schools, businesses and homes.
The APUA agreed to move immediately to strengthen the systems.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]