ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA’S GREEN TOURISM INITIATIVE
The Ministry of Tourism has introduced several sustainable initiatives over the years, one of which is the ‘Green Tourism Initiative’, a voluntary programme aimed at assisting tourism businesses to reduce negative impacts on the environment while saving costs and improving the efficiency of their operations. Businesses are assessed yearly by the Ministry of Tourism and those that meet the tourism standards are awarded a green tourism certificate.
Green Tourism Certified Properties:
Visitors can make their next vacation to Antigua and Barbuda more sustainable by booking a stay at an environmentally friendly accommodation. Here are some of the hotels that have been awarded the Ministry of Tourism’s Green Tourism certificate.
1. South Coast Horizon: South Coast Horizons located in the south of Antigua, is locked in between the beautiful and picturesque mountain range of Boggy Peak in the north and the Caribbean Sea in the South.
2. Villas at Sunset Lane: Nestled beautifully on a hillside surrounded by the richest of colors and natural fauna you will find your home away from home – the Award-winning Villas at Sunset Lane.
3. Victory Villas: The Villas sits amidst pastoral lands with lush tropical fruit trees and flowers, its own swimming pool, a natural pond with beautiful ducks to feed, a stunning view gently rolling hillside and overall beautiful and scenic landscape.
4. Page Pond Country Inn: Nestled in one of Antigua’s most eco-friendly locations is the Paige Pond Country Inn, overlooking the beautiful rain forest area of Body Ponds, where daytime slowly turns into night as the sun lazily dips behind the lush hillside of the countryside.
5. Siboney Beach Club: The well-loved boutique property built in the 1980s has undergone a two-year refresh, that sees the careful introduction of more rooms onto the lush grounds. Experience your own private sanctuary within colourful suites that open out into tranquil gardens.
6. Lamblion Apartments: The Lamblion Holiday Apartments are family owned and managed by local Antiguans, Lionel and Lorilyn Walker, a husband-and-wife team. While here, prepare your own meals, using organically grown culinary herbs and fresh vegetables from the garden. Chives, parsley, celery, peppers, and thyme are always in season.
7. Keyonna Beach: Your room or cottage is a short walk away from the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, and on a clear day, the horizon is graced with the outline of the neighboring volcanic isle of Montserrat. Our intimate, yet all-inclusive property is the equivalent of romance personified.
8. Cocos Hotel: Cocos Hotel situated on a bluff overlooking the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. The quiet resort is a unique collection of 30 individual wooden cottages with breathtaking panoramas built by local craftsmen.
9. Trade Winds Hotel: Trade Winds Hotel is a haven of tropical peace and tranquility, and it is only a few minutes’ walk to the beach.
10. Catamaran Hotel: The friendly, charming and picturesque Catamaran Hotel is a bit of Falmouth and Antiguan history. Dating back to the 1968 it is owned and managed by one of the island’s premier yachting families “The Baileys”. Nestled between palm trees and tropical flowers our rooms open directly onto a small intimate beach.
11. Ocean Point Resort: Ocean Point Resort and Spa is ideal for leisure and business travelers who want to discover the island and its 365 beaches.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]