Fatal Police Shooting of Teen Sparks Outrage in Bolans

7
Kahleel Simon

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP


Bolands Teen Shot Dead by Police on 18th Birthday, Sparking Outrage

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

A community in Antigua is demanding answers after an 18-year-old was shot and killed by police in Bolands on the night of his birthday, in what relatives and neighbours are describing as an “execution-style” killing.

Police said they were responding to a report that the teenager, Khalil Simon, was armed.

But eyewitnesses and family members insist he was given no opportunity to surrender before a single officer opened fire, striking him multiple times, including a fatal shot to the head.

The shooting unfolded in a crowded residential neighbourhood, with stray bullets tearing through nearby homes.

One mother later discovered a bullet lodged in her hallway after it had passed through her living room wall, just inches from where her son usually sat in the evenings.

“If I had been there last night, that bullet would have hit me in the chest or my face,” another resident told reporters, still shaken by the near miss.

Kelvin “Sugi” Simon, the Member of Parliament for the area, visited the scene and challenged officers over the handling of the operation.

He said he found no visible crime-scene tape and warned police about the danger posed to neighbours, pointing out the bullet hole in a nearby home.

“The situation could have been worse,” he told officers, recalling how he urged them to take the stray bullet incident seriously and ensure it was investigated.

The shooting has reignited longstanding complaints about the conduct of the Antigua and Barbuda Police Force, with residents accusing officers of being too quick to use their weapons.

Critics are calling for a full investigation into the killing, the release of details about the officer involved, and reforms to ensure deadly force is treated only as a last resort.

Unresolved questions remain over whether Simon was armed, why only one officer fired, and whether proper engagement protocols were followed.

In a statement on Thursday night, Acting Commissioner of Police Everton Jeffers extended condolences to Simon’s family and the Bolands community. He pledged that the investigation would be “thorough, transparent, and comprehensive.”

But for many residents, trust in law enforcement has been badly shaken. Until answers are provided, the bullet holes left in family homes — and the loss of a teenager on his birthday — stand as stark reminders of a night that left an entire neighbourhood in fear.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHAT’S APP GROUP

Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]

7 COMMENTS

  1. Still can’t come to terms with how police shot and killed the young man in what appears to be a direct and deliberate attack. Will the officer/s be held accountable?

  2. A young life take, could’ve been two! A family left shattered while neighbors are left scatttered! This is what you call a highly dangerous move by law enforcement officers

  3. Wowww wow that is carelessness on the part of the police. But while I appreciate you telling me what the police did, did was the young man in possession of a firearm?

  4. I understand the firearm that he had was an imitation one. It wasn’t even real. Playing devils advocate here…let us just say that the police felt threatened…why fire kill shots? Secondly why didnt they give him a chance to surrender? The country tense and police are always on edge. Im not saying that this dude shouldn’t have been pursued for whatever domestic issue he was having but not to kill him like that.

  5. Just another one of our young men killed and will be buried and forgotten. But you know who will always remember ? That mother who gave birth to thay child. Let me ask you officer…would you have treated your son this way? Mr commissioner. How long are you going to allow your officers to continue without any accountability? I believe you were appointed for a reason. You claim you are a man of God mr commissioner. You preach the world. Now put the word in practice. The same God you talk about is one of justice. Don’t just sit there. Do something. Be that change we are hoping to see. This cannot continue sir. Too many lives. Too many families are hurting. Please dont let this wash away like the blood of so many others.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here